With PowerCenter Team-Based Development Option, you can create and manage multiple versions of objects, track changes, and migrate specific versions of objects from one repository to another. And this option gives you control over development environment and deployment across different environments. In this article lets see how to setup a repository service with version control enabled.
If you have not already installed and configured Informatica Server and Services, Please follow article Informatica PowerCenter 9 Installation and Configuration Complete Guide
Step : 1
Log on to Admin console using your Admin User ID and Password.
Step : 2
Choose your Domain Name from “Domain Navigator”, Click on “Actions”, Choose “New” and “PowerCenter Repository Service”.
Step : 3
A new screen will appears, Provide the details as shown below.
- Repository Name : Your Repository Name.
- Description : An optional description about the repository.
- Location : Choose the Domain you have already created. If you have only one Domain, this value will be pre populated.
- License : Choose the license key from the drop down list.
- Node : Choose the node name from the drop down list.
Step : 4
A new screen will appear, Provide the Repository database details.
- Database Type : Choose your Repository database (Oracle/SQL Server/Sybase)
- Username : Database user ID to connect database.
- Password : Database user Password.
- Connection String : Database Connection String.
- Code Page : Database Code Page
- Table Space : Database Table Space Name
- Choose “No content exists under specified connection string. Create new content”
- Choose “Enable version control”
Step : 5
It takes couple of minutes create Repository content. After the repository creation below screen will be seen. You can see the newly created repository in the Domain Navigator.
Step : 6
The repository service will be running in “Exclusive” mode as shown below. This needs to be change to “Normal” before we can connect to the repository service.
Click “Edit” Repository Properties.
Step : 7
A pop up window appears, Set the properties
- Operation Mode : Normal
- Security Audit Trail : No
Click OK for the next two pop up windows which confirms the Repository Restart to change the Repository Operating Mode.
With that we are all done with the Informatica PowerCenter versioned Repository Service configuration. now once you create mapping, sessions, workflow or any other objects, you will have the version control options active and available under "Version" menu in each client tool.
Hope you enjoyed this article. Please let us know your comment and feed back.